Our Collection of Your Personal Information
Dynamic Communities collects and uses information (“Personal Information”) that identifies you in order to deliver products and services, process applications to join events or programs, inform you of various opportunities, and provide support. The types of Personal Information collected on our Websites will vary based on the services offered on the Websites, but may include, among other things, your name, address, telephone number, company name, e-mail address, and other information that you voluntarily submit to us.
Dynamic Communities primarily collects information provided to us by individuals who interact with our products, services, and customer service, and, in certain situations, utilizes a third-party vendor to manage the storage of such information. For example, you may voluntarily provide us with Personal Information when you sign up to participate in our online community, sign up for an event or conference, submit a web form, call or email us directly, or submit your business card.
The types of Personal Information that we collect vary based on the services offered on the Websites, but generally include your name, address, telephone number, company name, job title, e-mail address, and other information that you voluntarily submit to us.
Moreover, when you create a profile on our Websites, we will collect the information that you elect to upload to your profile, such as a biography, your education and job history, company information. We also collect information that is provided, posted or uploaded by users to the Websites. We do not control the content that users post to our user group. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You may view and adjust your privacy settings on our Websites by visiting My Profile, My Settings, Privacy Settings. You should also review any additional terms and conditions that may govern your use of our services.
In addition, as you interact on our Websites, we may also collect information about your computer or device and visits to one or more of our Websites (“Automatically Collected Data”) through the use of a variety of technologies, including cookies, web beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). The types of Automatically Collected Data collected on our Websites through the use of these and other tools that we may add from time to time may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, and ads viewed.
How We Use this Information
We use and share the Personal Information we collect from you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to:
- Provide you support or respond directly to your information requests (including registrations or other specific requests) or other inquiries.
- Facilitate your engagement in our user group. We do not control the content that users post to our user group. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You should also review any additional terms and conditions that may govern your use of our services.
We also may use this information to send you information that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials, brochures, or emails from Dynamic Communities, you may inform us of your preference by sending a letter or calling Dynamic Communities at the contact information below. You may also submit a contact form electronically through the Websites and unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe or email preferences link located on the bottom of our e-mails.
Where required by the applicable law (for example, if you are an EU Data Subject), we will send you marketing information or notifications only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the Personal Data. In such case, if you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for this purpose, we will not send you this information, (please refer to the “EU Data Subjects” section below for information on your rights).
With your permission, we may also use information you provide to us as a testimonial posted on the Websites.
URL and IP Address
Dynamic Communities collects information about users’ IP addresses, including users’ utilization of our Websites, to help us design our Websites to better suit our Website users’ needs. We may use information about your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Websites, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences. We also may use your IP address to enhance our security and investigate an actual or potential security incident. For EU Data Subjects, this use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the Websites and our Services are being used by you, to improve your experience on it and ensuring network and information security. For more information about what we mean by legitimate interests, and when we may process Personal Information for our legitimate interests, please see the “EU Data Subjects” section below.
Dynamic Communities may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the Websites without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the Websites, but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session.
Dynamic Communities and its service providers may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits) and for advertising purposes. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in e-mails and our online display advertising to provide information on when the e-mail or ad was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's e-mail address.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you reject cookies or disable cookies, your use of certain features or functions on our Websites may be limited.
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org, and follow the opt-out instructions there. If you access the Websites on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings. If you wish to not have your information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources available here and following the opt-out instructions there, or if located in the European Union, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s Your Online Choices opt-out tool here. By opting out of targeted advertisements you will no longer see advertisements on our Websites from third-party partners that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance; however, you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Websites.
Disclosure of Information
Dynamic Communities may disclose all of the information (described above) that we collect, as stated above and in accordance with the terms set forth in this section. We do not reveal Personal Information about you to third-parties for their independent use unless: (1) you request or authorize; (2) the information is provided to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process), enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; (3) the information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf; (4) to address emergencies or acts of God; or (5) to address disputes, claims, or to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest. We may also gather aggregated data about Website visitors and disclose the results of such aggregation (but not Personal Information) to our partners, service providers, advertisers and/or other third parties for marketing or promotional purposes. Transfers to third parties are covered, to the extent applicable by an agreement to any applicable service agreement. Such third parties covenant to treat Personal Information in at least a restrictive manner as we do and in compliance with applicable law.
We collect, store and process the information from our Websites in the United States of America. If you are outside the U.S., then your personal and non-personal information will be transferred to the U.S. and potentially to other countries where Dynamic Communities does business. You should be aware that the data privacy and data protection laws outside your country may offer less protection than the laws in your country. If you do not agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal data, please do not submit it through the Websites.
From time to time we may partner or enter into arrangements with another party to provide specific benefits and/or services to our users. We will provide to such partners the information that we believe is reasonably necessary for them to provide benefits or services to you. These services may include:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from our partners or us, you may inform us of your preference by sending a letter or calling us at the contact information below. You may also submit a contact form electronically through the Websites.
How You Can Access and Change Information
Dynamic Communities acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Our Websites allow you to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. In case you request us to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Upon request, Dynamic Communities will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You can update or correct your Personal Information or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below. Requests typically receive a response within thirty (30) days. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, we will provide the requesting party with an estimated date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
If you are an EU Data Subject, please see the “EU Data Subject” section below for information on your rights in relation to the Personal Information we hold about you.
EU Data Subjects
Scope. This section applies if you are an individual located in the European Union (“EU”) (“EU Data Subject”). For these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland.
Data Controller. Dynamic Communities is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Information.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion).
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. We will give you your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, that affect you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under “Contact Us” section below.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications (including communications about Dynamic Communities' events, membership promotions, sponsorship, and other relevant information) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, or by sending a letter, calling, or e-mailing us at the contact information below. You may also manage your marketing subscription preferences by visting My Profile, Subscription Management on any of our Websites.
You may unsubscribe from or update your preferences for online community notifications (including discussion notifications, messages from other community participants, contact requests, and other community messages) by visiting My Profile, My Settings, Email Preferences on any of our Websites, or by sending a letter, calling, or e-mailing us at the contact information below.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Our Security Measures to Protect Your Personal Information
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide us, and we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We restrict access to Personal Information to certain individuals and organizations who may need to know the information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals and organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Inapplicability of Privacy Policies of Any Linked Websites or Other Third Parties
California Privacy Rights
The Websites are not intended for use by or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13.
Conditions of Use
Address: 5415 West Sligh Avenue, Suite 102, Tampa, FL 33634
Phone: (701) 639-4779
Last updated March 29, 2018